1. Financial risk – it can take an investment of thousands of pounds to start-up in business, added to which is the loss of a regular salary. This can mean it will take many years to simply break-even
2. Fear of Failure – Over 50% of business start-ups fail within the first two years.
3. Time commitment – New business owners frequently find themselves working 80 hours a week just to get the business off the ground.
4. Lack of Support – Loneliness and lack of support can take it’s toll. For anyone used to working alongside others it can be very demotivating.
5. Lack of Skills – Running your own business can require you to wear many hats – marketing, sales, finance, HR, admin – many of which you may not feel qualified for.
So, is there an alternative? The Network Marketing industry provides an easier way to work for yourself. Many MLM’s have low start-up costs, and a proven track-record. With the right mentor, you will be supported all the way, and in-house training is normally outstanding. This will give you the skills you need to succeed. Perhaps most importantly, you will be working with a group of like-minded people who will all be willing you to succeed.
The trick is to find a company that has a marketable product that you believe in. Has a sound financial structure and fair compensation plan. Be sure to check out the company leaders – do they have integrity and experience ‘in the field’.
Better still, starting your own business with an MLM can be done alongside your existing job – allowing you to build success before you ‘burn your bridges’.